Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Birthday, Hazel!

My baby girl is six! SIX! The longest, and shortest, six years of my life. I can't imagine what my life would be like without her. I adore her and I am so happy to be Hazel's mama.

Hazel originally had crazy plans for her birthday, including a sleepover for everyone and people dressing like witches. But, then she remembered how much she loves unicorns and rainbows. And the rainbow unicorn birthday party was a go!

We had rainbow fruit. And yogurt dip clouds.
Hazel and I shopped all over for all the colors of fruits.
And rainbow vegetables. This was even more difficult than the rainbow fruits. There are NO blue vegetables. Plus, we had a lot of green veggies, per Hazel, and then I kind of ran out of room. Whatev. It is still rainbow-tastic.
Rainbow waffles! With whipped cream clouds! I originally wanted to do all six rainbow colors, but sanity prevailed. Frankly, I think three was plenty. The birthday girl agreed. She preferred extra clouds, however.
Rainbow unicorn birthday cake! Thanks to our friend and neighbor who ran home to get another candle when I only had five. Doh.
We also had plenty of rainbow decorations. This lovely rainbow in the doorway, which stayed up they entire day (and will probably stay up for quite some time). Notice the secret unicorns?

Oh, and Hazel picked some rainbow flowers. And by "picked" I mean, "at the store". She loves them and they are so on theme.
Rainbow balloons in the doorway (more secret unicorns). Balloons and streams on the ceiling. Fancy!
Hazel also created this awesome game, Pin the Unicorn on the Rainbow. One of the older (nine-year-old boy) guests asked me, "what is the point of this game?" Obviously, he does not understand small girls because they loved it and played multiple times.
Another shot of the decorations. This was all Hazel. I was just there to provide height.

And now we are spending the evening playing with the loot. And eating cake and rainbow waffles.
Hazel also got this awesome card that is perfect for the theme! So cool.
The fun and chaos of the party was awesome. Hazel has a great time, I think the other guests had a good time and, well, it only comes once a year. Thank goodness, because we are all exhausted.

2 comments:

macarace said...

Great update!! Loved the rainbow fruit, veggies and waffles. (Also the decorations, and yes I found secret unicorns.) Thanks for sharing.

Tamaran said...

SIX?! That is crazy! Time sure does fly.

Happy late birthday Hazel!