Monday, January 2, 2012

The house


All I wanted for Christmas was progress to be made on the house. And, lucky for me, I got what I wanted!

Earlier in the month, just after we got home from Hawaii, we had insulation sprayed on the walls. You can kind of see it on the back wall. It is the white/yellow stuff. It was sprayed on the north and south exterior walls. We also have six of the nine new windows installed.

Geoff and Duffy got also got the two bathrooms and the laundry roomed framed in! Hooray!! And part of the ceiling done (enough to get the rooms framed)
Yeah, this doesn't look like much, but trust me, this is a pretty big step.
Another view of the same thing. You can also see the south wall with windows and spray foam.

My dad also came up this last week to install a duct and heater vent for our kitchen (and Geoff moved the world's most dangerous outlet while they were down there). Combined with the draft guard I made for the back door, the kitchen is no longer tundra-cold, just arctic-cold. Still cold, but I don't have to wear a parka when I am in there.

Now, I am just hoping the momentum continues....

1 comment:

macarace said...

I also hope the momentum continues. It is nice to see and hear that progress is happening.